We Ride Bikes reserves the right to alter or amend any of the race conditions up to and including the race date. Particpants of the Forrest 3, 6 & 10hr events must comply to the following:
- Participants must be competant Mountain Bike Riders. Participants must wear an Australian Standards approved cycling helmet whilst riding a bike at all times during practice and the event.
- Participants who cannot continue the race must inform the organisers of their decision by contacting the nearest race official citing their race number and reason.
- Littering of any kind is prohibited. This includes the discarding of gel and energy bar wrappers on the course, at aid stations or in the finish area. Severe race penalties apply to any competitor who litters as well as possible prosecution by local police. No rubbish bins are provided, you must take our what you bring in.
- All care must be given to the natural environment in which the race is conducted. There is to be no washing of bikes, clothes or yourself in rivers, streams and lakes. Shortcutting or riding off the marked trails is prohibited in the race rules and will be severely dealt with by Race Organisers.
- All riders must obey instructions given from race organizers in relation to bike washing. This includes but is not limited to using Phytophthora prevention treatments
- In the event of major environmental concerns, the Race Organisers have the right to cancel, delay or postpone the race
- All participants must have either a current MTBA license or a valid MTBA Day license.
- Participants must be in good physical condition and be competant mountain bike riders. All participants are responsible for their own Personal Accident and Travel Insurance, Medical Insurance and Ambulance cover. All participants must have a valid MTBA racing licence for insurance purposes. Your MTBA licence must be validated/sighted at registration or purchased from the event organisers.
- We Ride Bikes reserves the right to cancel any participants continued entry in the event if:
- The participant contravenes the race regulations, guidelines and rules that are issued to the participants before or during the race
- The participant ignores or disobeys any instructions issued by the Race Organisers or their Staff and Race Officials.
- The participant disrupts the event in a negative or dangerous manner or presents a threat to himself/herself or any other person.
- We Ride Bikes reserves the right to change, alter or cancel the event at anytime due to weather conditions or other circumstances out of our control.
- We Ride Bikes reserves the right to change any team name that conflicts with another team name or is of an offensive or unacceptable nature.
- We Ride Bikes accepts no responsibility for the loss or theft of any participant’s personal belongings, valuables or equipment. Participants are advised to have appropriate insurance. Participants are advised not to leave valuables or money in the luggage that is transported by We Ride Bikes.
- By registering in the event participants give their consent to the Race Organisers collecting and distributing event related media - such as results, photographs, video images and interviews without any form of remuneration.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
15.1 In the event of the event being cancelled at anytime, participants will only be entitled to a credit and or partial credit towards another event run by We Ride Bikes.Event cancellations will be notified via email.
15.2 I acknowledge that We Ride Bikes reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event in the event of emergency or other disaster.
15.3 I acknowledge that We Ride Bikes in its sole discretion may delay, modify or cancel the event if natural or man-made emergencies make administering the event unreasonably difficult or unsafe.
15.4 I agree that “emergency” is defined to mean any event beyond the control of We Ride Bikes, including but not limited to: high wind, extreme rain or hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, acts of terrorism, fire, bush fire (including fire bans), threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty or work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, and unavoidable casualty.
15.5 I further acknowledge that We Ride Bikes in its sole discretion may also delay, modify or cancel the event if conditions on the day of the event are, in the sole judgment of We Ride Bikes, in any way unsafe. In the event of a delay, modification, or cancellation of the event as described in these conditions. We Ride Bikes will also follow any direction issued by a statutory authority and or land manager/owner.
15.6 I understand that should I cancel my participation in the event, I will not be entitled to a refund of my entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the event. Partial credits towards other events run by We Ride Bikes may be offered in such a case. Credit towards another event will not be considered within 2 weeks of the event date.